The 10 best chest exercises for beginners
If you’re on the road to get a shredded body but you’re struggling to grow and define your pecs, there are a few exercises that you can try. This routine focuses on your chest areas and it’s the best starting point for a strong and fit upper body.
You will have to be consistent to see results and follow the routine depending on your personal and physical levels. If you’re a beginner, do 3 sets of 8 reps and rest 90 seconds between sets to promote strength and stimulate muscle gain.
If you want to increase your muscle strength, 3 to 5 sets of 1-6 reps is a good place to start, just make sure to to rest 2 to 5 minutes after each set. For those into muscle hypertrophy, complete 3 to 4 sets of 7 to 12 repetitions each with resting intervals of 1-2 minutes.
Now, these are the exercises you must include in your routine:
- Push ups: Mastering the pushup is key to strengthen your upper body and create resistance, it’s necessary to execute it correctly if you want to see results. If you think this is too easy make your grip narrower and elevate your feet. If it feels too difficult, start on your knees or elevate your hands by using a chair or bench to place them while your feet are on the floor.
- Barbell bench press: Start by setting up the barbell with light or no weight. This exercise activates your lats, glutes, core, chest and triceps. Make the lowering phase three seconds long for extra difficulty, or lower the weight and work with a partner if it seems to hard.
- Medicine ball chest throw: This exercise will help you improve power and speed, plus it targets more than just your chest, since it hits your abs and strengthens your entire upper body. For an extra challenging session, explosively throw the ball in the air and catch it as fast as possible while lying on your back. If it’s too difficult, try standing up and do it against a wall.
- Decline dumbbell flye: For big muscles that still maintain mobility and flexibility, this is the move of the hour. It stimulates growth through fatigue and a surge of blood helps deliver protein. For beginners, it’s better to decline the angle of the bench so the focus is on the upper pecs but if this is too difficult, they can try the cable machine flye instead.
- Cable crossover: This is the exercise if you want a full, round-looking chest, and in order to achieve more definition,it is absolutely necessary to place the muscles under stress as much as you can. You can start bringing the hands together and increase the difficulty by gradually crossing them over pausing when your arms are fully crossed to fatigue your pecs.
Once you’ve mastered these exercises, you can add more moves and combos to your routine. Remember that exercising is an important aspect of your health and it helps you body detox and flush out toxins that can affect your kidneys and your overall health.
If you’re looking for a leading urologist New York City, get in touch with Luzato Medical Group. They offer high-quality care and an outstanding success rate. Make an appointment through their website Luzato Medical Group or call them at (212) 661-7003